Friday 22 August 2014

Seeing Everything in Black And White - Or My New Cushions

As I have blogged recently, I was working on beautifying my living room / bar / dining room / sewing room (talk about multi-purpose!^ ^). Today, I'm showing you the result.


My couch went from this....

Sad little pre-transformation couch


...to this:
 
Hm, I think we need a bigger couch to fit all the cushions!

This whole room is actually all furnished in black and white.  It wasn't really planned, but once we moved in together with all our random furniture pieces, it just turned out that way. We decided to just go with the flow and have added a few black and white pieces since.

The advantage of a black and white living room is that you can easily pimp it up: Add a few candles and cushions in one colour scheme and it's a different room. Hang up colourful pictures, posters or paintings, and the room is transformed. That's what I've been doing so far. Whenever the mood struck (I call it "spring fever"), I bought a few new candles, a cushion or two and voilà: a new room!

This time I decided to simply keep it black and white. I experimented with a few other colours (mainly red), but simply didn't like the look. I'll probably pimp it up with one or two colourful cushions once spring fever gets to me again and wham! I'll have a new look!

I plan to post the tutorials for the cushions bit by bit on here, so you can recreate them if you want to.


Here are the links to the tutorials:



 
 


 
 
 



 
 
 
 
Tutorial soon to come
 



Tutorial soon to come!


The only problem I have now: I have so many ideas for more black and white pillows (no, cushions, right? I think I was told that pillows are for the head and cushions for the... uhm, lumbar region?) that I'm running out of space on my couch. I think I need to get a bigger couch...but then I'd need a bigger living room, so basically I'd need a bigger flat, for that I'd need more money, to get more money I'd need another job and...yeah, you see my problem here?!

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts/questions, so leave a comment (it's open to everybody!).

All the best,
Cat.

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Cathy,
    ich bin ganz zufällig über deinen Blog gestolpert und bin sehr angetan von deinen Kissen. Die finde ich wirkliche richtig klasse. Freue mich schon sehr auf part two des tutorials.
    Herzlichen Dank und viele Grüße
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Andrea,

      Vielen Dank für die netten Worte! Teil 2 des Tutorials werde ich diesen Freitag posten - wenn nichts dazwischen kommt! :)

      Alles Gute,
      Cat

      Delete